Dreamy-eyed

October 25, 2014

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams,
and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined,
he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours….Henry David Thoreau

Do you see the fence…

or the dream?

I am a dreamer, but today I ran into the fence and bumped my head. It’s tough to see the dream when the
bump still hurts. Thanks to some friends, I was able to hold on tight and fly away.

Far enough away,

so that I once again saw my dream…

and hope bloomed.

I am old enough to know dreams do come true if one perseveres in prayer.

Don’t settle for less. It is possible.

1. Eddie Two Hawks says:

wonderful quote ( think of Thoreau as one of America’s finest) and fabulous photos

2. Pamela Locke says:

Spectacular!

3. Apple Hill Cottage says:

Gorgeous photos! Been bumping into fences myself lately so this was lovely.

4. LadyPinkRose says:

I am just stupified at the perfection of this post. YOU have talent, Julie, and I am SO glad you stopped by Petals so I now know of you. I pushed the follow button and yes, I really do look forward to seeing more. I, FYI …. , see the dream. (smile) Thank you for what you are doing here, and for who you are. Keep shining your Light. Love, Amy

Wow! I think you believe in me more than I believe in myself. I am stupefied by your response- it’s a great feeling. Thanks for your kind words and so nice to meet you.

• LadyPinkRose says:

Julie, how do we who possess Talent, have so little confidence in ourselves as Artists? I saw your work and I was literally blown away. I hope that my encouragement over at Petals helps you in every way to gain the confidence you deserve to feel good about you and your work. Be Blessed. Love, Amy

5. waterwindandfire says:

I came across your blog while building the courage to write one myself. I truly loved your writing and your photos! I hope things get better soon

Have courage my friend. You are off to a great start- with a name like waterwindandfire you can’t go wrong. It is a gift when someone finds me without my prompt so I thank you for that. Julie

6. waterwindandfire says:

Thank you for your kind words! I am still lost within WordPress but I will try posting soon. 🙂

7. Anne klimek says:

Julie, I kept looking at the fence and kept seeing a fungus. When I saw the hole I could see how one can dream through it. Your thoughts and photos are so beautiful as are you. Love, Aunt Anne