Spring Fling

April 30, 2015

Spring is rollin’ in on the prairie.

the neighbor getting ready for sunflowers.

Buttercups are blooming.

Puppies are prancing.

Hope enjoyed her first play date.

Sand is seducing.

And peacocks?

Peacocks are promenading!

This is, my friend, Chester. As he quivered his feathers, stared intently into my eyes, and slowly inched within inches, I wondered,
does he mistake me for a peahen? I do feed him cookies; he may be confusing that with love.

Beauty radiated out of him like heat from a summer sun. I filled both of my cameras and decided
to leave before the show was over. (it had been a good 20 minutes) He gave a strange squawk–
like, ‘how could you?’– and immediately dropped his feathers.

We agreed to meet again.

I’ve spruced up my ‘About” page. So if you’re itching to know how the prairie came to be, check out this link https://peacockprairie.wordpress.com/about/

True

Love

Always!

1. currankentucky says:

Fantastic pictures. I’m currently playing hide and seek with three pheasants!! Spring is magical!

Oh, how I would love to see a pheasant. When I was a child they were numerous in this area but now, unfortunately, so very rare. I hope you win your hide and seek game.

2. katnchick says:

Great photos as always. Spring is definitely in the air!

Wow! Chester is breathtaking! So much beauty in one bird. I didn’t realize that they had orange pinfeathers. Amazing birds. Does sound like he was courting you – lol!
    From your first photo, I never realized that a robin’s beak is translucent. I love details. 🙂
    Looks like it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

I had the same thought about that robin’s beak. I think it definitely had a lot to do with the way the sun was coming up behind it. Thanks for your visit and your kind words.

That Chester is just gorgeous! What a show off Lol .. Love your photos .. Just beautiful .. Big smiles

5. Debra says:

Wow. Great eye candy. Your home looks like a paradise.

Stunning pics of your peacocks! I don’t think I’ve been that close to the back of one before, and even that part looks beautiful. Much, much better than my dead one on the road. 😉

They are the most amazing bird. Seeing the detail up close– the way the feathers form an intricate pattern and the blending of all the vibrant colors– leaves me awestruck. What a spectacular creation. Thanks for your visit.

7. Amy says:

Beautiful collections! I love these two dogs hugging each other. Great capture, Julie! 🙂

8. Fabio says:

Julie, your posts have so much life! Thanks for your great job!