Because it’s Raining

June 15, 2015

Once upon a time, the lone toilet in a damsel’s castle cracked. It was just a sliver of a crack, but nevertheless. . .

drip.

No problem, thought the damsel, I’ll put this cup here to catch the drips until it can be fixed. Unfortunately, the cup runneth over sooner than the damsel expected. The damsel pondered the problem.

Drip. . . . . . . . .

Drip. . . . . . . Drip

Drip. . Drip. . Drip

Drip, drip, drip,drip.

“Help!” called the damsel in distress.

a damselfly

Unfortunately, it was a holiday, the 4th of July, and the plumbers of the kingdom were busy.

“I can be there when the fireworks are over,” they said.

That will never work, thought the damsel. I have a newly potty-trained prince returning to the castle at dusk. He does not yet understand the meaning of ‘hold it’.

She thought about her options.

Duct tape?

Drip.

Chewing gum?

Drip.

Then it dawned on her. Directions! The damsel was good at directions. She would install it herself.

Brilliant!

“Can I help you? asked the Menard’s attendant.

“I need a toilet for my castle,” replied the damsel looking him straight in the eye, “and it has to have directions.”

Up went the attendant’s eyebrows; the damsel just smiled.

As the damsel lugged the toilet from her chariot into her castle, she heard fireworks in the distance celebrating independence day.

Well, that’s appropriate, she thought, installation of toilets is certainly not for the dependent damsel.

The booklet of directions was thick. Thicker than the damsel expected.

One step at a time, she thought. Step 1 is easy: Remove old toilet.

Two hours later that was done.

It was then she did a very wise thing. She put down the packet of directions, sat in her toiletless castle, and prayed for a miracle.

It worked! Forty-five minutes later, with a perfect 60 second flush, the damsel celebrated her greatest accomplishment.

Never doubt the power of prayer.

You and prayer

are capable

of much.

Do not doubt.

It is possible.

Such a cute story. I too am a damsel that learned to remove and install a toilet in my castle.

2. AmyRose says:

What an absolutely clever and entertaining story you weave, Julie!!! How I really enjoyed this and laughed!!! You have quite the imagination, yet what you say about prayer is so true indeed. I am always seeking for help, looking for guidance, listening to my Heart which is the HOME of Love. You are truly Gifted and I thank you so much for sharing you. Bless you! Love, Amy ❤

“Rose” is just right for you. You are sweet and lift my spirit. Blessings to you, Amy.

• AmyRose says:

Thank you, Julie. My given name is Amy Marie, yet a few years ago, I took AmyRose as my “signiture” name. It feels right to me. Over the years, not even thinking about how Rose is so tightly woven in me, I see I chose for my house, cabinet door handles (ceramic) with roses, wallpaper with roses and hearts, pink colors in tiles and bathroom sinks and toilets. My silverware has roses on it. My china, same thing. Jewelry again, much of it with roses on it. All this was done subconsciouslessly, me not even aware how important the Rose meant to me, until much later when I began to grow them. When and I am saying when I publish my book (s) the name on them will be AmyRose. Just AmyRose. Bless you, my friend, for the huge confirmation you have given to me. What a Gfit! Thank you! Love, AmyRose ❤

I look forward to reading your bookS. Your outpouring of love is a gift, and I admire your openness in sharing. Thanks for your kind words.

Beautifully put together story linking your usual excellent photographs

A photo feast .. A wonderful story. Never give up .. I get the feeling that the farmer’s wife is a very special girl 🙂

5. Laura says:

I thought duct tape fixed everything 🙂

6. My Little Green Steps says:

Beautiful blog Julie, well done! 🙂

7. Judy @ NewEnglandGardenAndThread says:

My hat is off to the damsel and her sense of determination. 🙂