Moon Meadow Bloom

July 15, 2015

This is a good day for personal reflection.

It’s my birthday!

Since it’s my birthday, I thought I would share a bit about myself. So here goes. . .

When I was a child. . .

I spent a majority of my time barefoot in the treetops. I was a complete tomboy and loved every minute of it.

When I was 13. . .

I heard my first John Denver song. I’ve been listening ever since. He makes me high.

When I was in college. . .

I had no idea what I wanted to be. My English professor told me I was a writer. I didn’t believe her and chose nursing. Caring for the sick and injured helped me realize my ability to heal. I have seen miracles.

When I apply make-up and hair dye. . .

I resent it, but I still do it. Every birthday I think of this, and wonder will I ever dare to live my truth?

When I think too much about blogging– over 300 followers– . . .

I freeze up and want to hide.

So I take a deep breath, listen to my heart, and write. . .

I believe in God.

I believe in Jesus.

I believe all people go to heaven.

All people?

This is my story.

It doesn’t have to be yours.

This is not an attempt to convince or persuade any of you.

Just telling my story.

I want you to tell your story.

If I were a wildflower, I would blossom in a meadow, filled with sunshine and moon shadows, amidst rainbow blooms.

Peace to you from the prairie.

Your posts are wonderful and soothing. I love the photos and the gentle words. Thank you.

Liked by 2 people

2. Barbara A Alden says:

Happy birthday! I do feel like I know you better. Such depth in your words and pictures!

3. Fabio says:

Happy Birthday, my friend! You are a fantastic writer! More than that, you are truly a GOOD human being! Best to you and yours! Happy Birthday!!! 🙂

4. Cynthia says:

Happy Birthday!! I think all people go to Heaven too and I am very happy that you write and share

5. Beautywhizz says:

Very Happy Birthday! If I were a wildflower I would also choose to bloom in a sweet scented meadow…

6. poetsmith says:

Happy Birthday! 🙂 Best wishes, Iris

7. nataliescarberry says:

Happy birthday! Great post! 🙂 ❤

I love John Denver too. I must tell you a story about him!

9. Annie says:

Hope your birthday was a good one…

Belated Happy Birthday. Another beautifully photographed post. Thank you for the information. My hair started going white in my early twenties. I was once asked if I had highlights put in, but other rugby players were heard to cry: ‘Get the old bloke’.

Happy belated birthday. Thank you for your story and your beautiful images. Peace to you also. 🙂

12. Aggie says:

Just read this. Hope it was a wonderful birthday, and wish you a wonderful year ahead!
    I scrapped makeup 30 years ago it was never a problem in my personal or professional life. People would comment about my natural beauty without makeup. The highlighting is all grown out of my gray and brown hair now. I don’t have reason to dress up any more, but agree with my hairdresser that the color is striking and wouldn’t detract from my appearance. (Hubby Lou cuts my hair now, though.) Just sharing in case it helps you go for it.

13. Yoshiko says:

Happy Birthday, Julie!! I am happy to get to know you better with your beautiful pictures and words. Thank you!

Thank you Yoshiko. I’ve wondered if you still visited here. It’s always nice to hear from you. I remember as a young teen how much I enjoyed reading your words, and I still do!

14. Marla aka Crazy Mom says:

Happy birthday wishes to you! Sorry they are a day late … so, you get to keep celebrating. 🙂

15. 🌹AmyRose🌹 says:

Julie, Happy Birthday! Your post is like balm to my weary soul. What a delight on the eyes and the Heart. I too believe all people go to Heaven. Yes all. I too believe in Miracles for I am one of them.
    Each and every one of your images conveys Peace, Love, and the Source of Love, God. Bless you for who you are!! I am honored to know you!!! Love, Amy ❤

16. Jodi says:

Happy Birthday Julie! What a beautiful post!

17. Ngobesing Romanus says:

I wasn’t around to wish you a happy birthday; and so do it now. Happy birthday!

18. Eddie Two Hawks says:

It’s a precious story Julie and truly all your own. Sending best wishes for a very Happy Birthday to you.
    Your photos are simply amazing and evoke the greatest emotions. Thank you for being here!