Captain of my ship

September 6, 2015

I like to think I am in control of myself,

0001YQ

captain of my ship,

sailing where I wish,

but I confess I was not.

I was living my life glued to the computer screen.

0001bj

It’s important for a writer, who uses a keyboard and computer, to sit by a screen, but it was consuming me and taking away from my real life.

I was addicted like a bee to the sweetest of nectar.

0001DU

In an attempt to recover from my addiction, I had to stop completely. The pull was so strong I almost couldn’t do it, but because it really bugged me that something else besides me was sailing my ship, I stubbornly persisted and finally succeeded.

Now that I am back, I am committed to balance.

Please forgive me if I do not visit your blogs as often as I did before. I enjoy reading your lovely posts and will visit occasionally, but life is precious, and I need to experience it firsthand.

Also, please forgive me if I do not respond to your lovely comments. I will read and cherish each and every one of them, but if I do not respond, do not be annoyed.

It is not you.

It is only me trying to keep balance in my life.

It feels so good to be back.

I missed you all.

1. Fabio says:

Wonderful, Julie, as always! And you are right in your move to more Life. The flowers, bees, and butterflies that you are sharing with us make a strong call. All the best, my friend.

I missed you also. I get it Jewelie. I check my stats and comments way too much. You just do what you do. We’ll know you are there.

Such a familiar search for balance. I’m trying to do the same and wish you much success. 🙂 Gorgeous photos.

Nature is always a balancer! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures and thoughts.

5. Marla aka Crazy Mom says:

Ah, the elusive “balance.” It’s sort of like my weight … if I let up for long, I lose all control! Glad to see you again.

Quite true. Appropriately captioned beautiful photos

7. Lisa says:

Glad your back!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Wonderful to see your pictures and read your words again. Do what you need to keep the balance! I’m sure we can all relate to what you’ve experienced. 🙂 Don’t feel any pressure from us. x

9. Rolling Harbour says:

Well done you! I’m overcommitted with blog & related FB pages. There’s other stuff that has to be done! RH

10. Ida P. Krause says:

These are gorgeous! – I know it can be difficult visiting blogs and trying to keep up with commenting and posting. Sometimes we all need a break but we also need to remember to encourage others so a pop in now and then for a visit is a good thing too.