Ordinary Beautiful

October 6,2015

There is always more than one way to see.

Some see ordinary. . .

while others see beautiful.

Imagine a blade of grass.

Did you imagine ordinary?

IMG_2546Or like this quote, by Robin Wall Kimmerer in her book, Braiding Sweetgrass, did you imagine beautiful?

0001OO

Reading her poetic words triggers my vision to change from ordinary to beautiful.

For, I have seen her words in the grass, but my vision had forgotten.

Suspended between the seasons, watching summer dwindle

and awaiting autumn’s splendor, I am fooled by thinking all is ordinary.

When I take time to go out with my camera,

always

0001Qv

I am amazed

by the beauty

that I find

amongst

the ordinary.

Of course,

it helps to have a bed of zinnias and visits from neighboring peacocks.

You

and

that

blade

of

grass

are

made

by

the

same

creator.

Can you see it?

Beauty for the eye, words for the soul. I always love to see your posts scroll across my reader. I feel like I’m opening a gift. Another smile.

Breath-takingly beautiful! The one with the Queen Anne’s lace and pink grass especially!

Isn’t nature beautiful? Breathe it in and you will remember things you didn’t know you had forgotten .. Oh my. You see and feel so much says I with moist eyes. I adore zinnias ..

4. Lynne Hall says:

I can see it! Thank you for the reminder to look!

5. oakcoveresort says:

Beautiful. thank you.

Simply perfect, Julie! Thanks for sharing such beauty in words and stunning shots. You put a smile on my face. 🙂

7. Everydaycheerblog says:

Some see ordinary…while others see beautiful. That is profound in itself.

8. Marla aka Crazy Mom says:

I, too, love letting my camera point out beauty that I otherwise might have missed!! Thank you for your beautiful post!

9. Everydaycheerblog says:

Reblogged this on Everyday Cheer and commented:
    “Some see ordinary, while others see beautiful.” I had to reblog this post of Julie’s. I love this statement!
    The world would be a better place if more people saw the beautiful in people and things.